My sincere thanks to those of you that reached out in support of our recent blog and posts addressing female fitness professionals struggles with harassment and how it hurts us all!
As part of our continued efforts to address this problem, I am delighted to share that the industry is responding! My team sent requests for resources and support for those suffering sexual harassment to the following certifying agencies:
- National Strength and Conditioning Association, NSCA
- International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association, IHRSA
- American Council on Exercise, ACE
- National Academy of Sports Medicine, NASM
- International Sports Sciences Association, ISSA
- American College of Sports Medicine, ACSM
- National Exercise & Sports Trainers Association, NESTA
- National Council for Certified Personal Trainers, NCCPT
- National Council on Strength & Fitness, NCSF
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America, AFAA
- National Federation of Professional Trainers, NFPT
- World Instructor Training Schools, WITS
- National Personal Training Institute, NPTI
with the following request:
“I’m the executive assistant for Founder, Michelle Blakely of See Jake and Jane Train. We are listing #metoo resources for professionals in the fitness industry and would be delighted to have your help. In our upcoming post regarding sexual harassment in the workplace for personal trainers and studio owners, we are including links for the appropriate departments from all of the major certifying agencies. These links list individuals or departments that should be contacted with concerns regarding harassment or discrimination.
- Send the contact information for the appropriate department or individual at your organization so we may include it in our posts.
- Send the exact website link and social media handles/links directing them to information and what steps to take if available recommended by your organization.
- Send any resources or groups available in your organization for harassment in the workplace that you would like us to help promote.
We appreciate your help with this important and sensitive issue and are certain your members and potential will be glad to see your proactive involvement.
WE ARE ELATED TO HAVE RECEIVED THIS RESPONSE FROM NFPT:
Thank you for reaching out about this, I’m so glad that you did… I’m glad that you’re doing this and keeping the awareness going, it’s so very important for our young girls to know that they don’t have to tolerate this behavior.
Thank you for all you do to make a difference in our world!
All my best,
DIRECTOR OF CERTIFICATION
National Federation of Professional Trainers”
THANK YOU ANGIE AND NFPT FOR BEING A LEADER IN OUR FIELD!!!